Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sari Enters the Galactica

One of my most vivid dreams is also the one I would most wish to experience...

I was sitting in my childhood home(of course) when I felt it begin to shake.  Uneasy, I looked out the window but saw nothing so I walked out to the back porch.  Everything appeared normal so I settled myself on the deck and rested against the siding of the house, relaxing in the sunshine.  All of a sudden, I felt a gush of wind and felt a gravitational pull dragging me towards the railing of the porch.  I remember starting to panic so I frantically grabbed the railing while the pull continued to wrench at my grip.  My feet were lifted into the air and the only thing keeping grounded was my death handle on the railing.  I closed my eyes and tried to think about how to get myself out of the situation I was in.  Then as abruptly as the pull started, it ended.  I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the darkness that now encompassed both me and my house.   I began to see twinkling lights surrounding me and realized my house was floating.  I passed a gigantic mass with even greater rings around it.  I passed Saturn.  I was in space! I remember not knowing what to do but continued to gaze at my new environment.  There were stars, comets, the Asteroid Belt.  It was everything I had always imagined space being.  Except for the fact that I could breathe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment